- The line is dominant, emphasized by using a minimum number of components and plant materials organized in a linear direction.
- Man-made material or found objects may provide the line material.
- Line and created spaces may be destroyed by the use of too much plant material.
- These designs are usually bold and dramatic, with great importance placed on contrast of form and texture.
- Some abstraction may be included.
- There may be more than one area of interest and more than one point of emergence.
- There are four types of creative line design: vertical, horizontal, diagonal or circular.
Members’ reference: page 199, Handbook for Flower Shows(2007).
Creative Line Designs exhibited at Sailing in September, A Small Standard Flower Show.