- Reduces the amount of waste that must be incinerated or buried in landfills.
- Cuts the time and money spent on complex waste management processes.
- Prevents or reduces air and water pollution and improves our health.
- Conserves precious natural resources, since fewer raw materials need to be extracted and processed.
- Saves energy.
- Makes us more sustainable because we are borrowing less materials and energy from our children’s future.
Remember, if you are not buying recycled — you’re not really recycling! Check package and product labels to see if they are made with recycled or recyclable materials.